Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy Saturday, last day of March!

What a day! Travis placed third in the Samson’s Arms overhead press event at the Ronnie Coleman Invitational today. We are so excited and so proud for him. Now his name is out there as a professional power lifter and strong man. I think he was the youngest competitor at 21 years old. It was amazing! He had a fan club there to cheer him on and we wore shirts saying “Team Travis.” The shirts were a surprise and he thought they were great! We celebrated with burgers from the grill and eating on the deck tonight. I love eating on the deck.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, today, I will lift up my eyes to the hills—from whence comes my help. May my life be a reflection of Your love and grace as I bump shoulders with all the people You will allow me to meet today. I acknowledge You as the sole purpose of my life and being. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

John 16: 13 However, when the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Tonight my meditation gives a wonderful definition of the Bible, “The Bible is the Word of God, inspired by the Spirit of God, and invested with the power and authority of God.” WOW!

When I am preparing a sermon I usually read through the scripture passage a number of times, I pray about the scripture and then, as I am driving somewhere (like school!), I began to talk it through out loud. Through the guiding of the Holy Spirit, God’s Word and my own voice I usually come up with what the passage has to say and how I can create a sermon. The best part is being secure in the knowledge that I do not write or craft this sermon alone. God remains with me through the Holy Spirit’s guidance and the inspired Word of God. When I prepare to deliver the sermon I also give thanks that I am able to say what God has given me to say to those who are listening.

I am not a professional preacher. God knows that I do not do this often, but grants this wonderful piece of grace in giving me just the right amount of truth when I need it. All of us who call ourselves believers have access to this same grace. God is such a perfect teacher and gives us just the right amount of truth and knowledge for us to understand. (I wish my professors did the same more often!) These pieces of truth and knowledge seem to show up exactly when we need them.

I take comfort in the fact that God goes before us and intervenes in situations that are upcoming in our lives and plans our lessons accordingly. With our text being God’s inspired Word, our teacher being the Holy Spirit authorized by power and authority of God we can trust that through God we will never have to learn, say or act alone ever again.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: