Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Monday!

I spent the day writing a proposal to write a much longer paper on Psalm 150. I have never before been asked to write an annotated bibliography, but today I learned (I hope). I also helped our nephew and his bride- to-be plan their wedding ceremony as I will be performing their ceremony. The wedding is in San Antonio. It is cheaper for me to ride the train than to drive myself, so I purchased tickets on the Amtrak for the trip. It will take a bit longer than driving, but I am sure I will find ways to occupy my time while I ride. The rest of the family had prior engagements they couldn’t get out of for that date.

You are the most wonderful prayer warriors. Bruce is doing much better. He is not back to full mobility yet, but is getting closer each day. The pain is almost gone and he is not walking so much like a question mark. Thanks and keep praying!

Prayer: “Lord Jesus, thank You for the ability to get out of bed this morning and sit down before You and Your Word. Please give me the ability to comprehend Your ways and will for my life. May Your Spirit speak into my life and give me direction as I start my day. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Matthew 3: 11 “I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”

John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance in anticipation to the coming of the Messiah. John knew who he (John) was and knew his role in the life of Jesus. John knew who Jesus was and Jesus knew who He was. But do we know who we are and who Jesus is? What John discovered was that he could do nothing without the power the Holy Spirit flowing through Jesus and onto him. We must come to the same conclusion. Jesus works in us and through us those things we could never do ourselves. The only way for that to continue in our lives is to live a life yielded and surrendered to Jesus and filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. John knew that for Jesus to increase, John must decrease. The same is true for us. In order for Jesus to increase in us we must surrender to His will and be willingly led by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We must allow our hearts, minds, hands and feet to be immersed in the baptismal waters of the love of God through the mighty acts of Jesus. We must learn from His character how to share His message of love, forgiveness, grace and truth to a world that so desperately needs to hear the story of Christ and how much He loves each of us.

We know who we are. We know who God is. Let us each find someone who needs to hear this word. Let us share it with courage as we are led by the Spirit.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: