Monday, March 26, 2012

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Busy day! The highlight of the day was we ate our first meal of the spring outside on the deck. It was perfect weather for outside dining. We have found a pretty good way to keep flying bugs away from the meal. I placed a small amount (that is all I had left from last spring) of peppermint oil in a bowl on the table and it seems to keep the critters away. I love the relaxed feeling we have when we eat outside. I hope we get to do this a lot before it gets too hot.

Dad sent me home with Mom’s jewelry box. I took the pieces out and placed them in other containers. On Easter I will take the pieces to Ken and Sheena’s and let the granddaughters select the pieces they would like to have. And tonight I placed the beloved box that holds so many memories for me and Geni on my dresser and filled it with some of my things and some of the pieces Mom had given me over the years. It was a nice way to spend the late evening.

Thank you for your prayers for Bruce. He tried alternating hot and cold packs today and his back seems to be feeling a bit better. He goes back to the chiropractor in the morning for another treatment. Please continue to pray for him to heal. If Bruce sat behind a desk all day it would be as much of a problem. But Bruce is a home repairman and cannot work until it is well. The doc says it could be from three weeks to three months before he can fully return to work. Please continue to pray for his healing and a quick return to work.

Prayer: “Father, help me walk in truth by sharing the truth that Jesus is the only way to God. In His name I pray, Amen.”

John 14: 6 “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

Much of the world today does not believe that the only way to God is through a relationship with Jesus. The Holy Scriptures are reliable as the Word of God. The claim that is made is very clear. Jesus claims to be the “way” because He is God, He cannot lie. Jesus is the exclusive way to God. We cannot have fellowship with God apart from a relationship with Jesus because Jesus is the truth. We cannot know the truth apart from the risen Christ and it is impossible to have eternal and meaningful life without Jesus.

We were created for eternal fellowship with God and the only way to experience it is to admit ourselves to be sinners and recognize God’s divine provision through the death and resurrection of Jesus that provides for our forgiveness and makes us righteous as we receive Jesus as our Savior.

Take joy in the journey! Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please continue to pray for Bruce and Travis. Thank you, friends and mighty prayer warriors. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: