Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Thursday!

I have an interview with the chaplain at Huguley Hospital in the morning at 11:00 for a CPE position. Please lift up a prayer for the chaplain and I to be able to arrange this position for me.

Prayer: “Lord Jesus, I thank You for loving me in spite of me and for always forgiving me when I truly repent of my sin. I ask You to give me the ability through the power of the Holy Spirit to do for others today what You do for me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Romans 15: 13 “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

The Apostle Paul offers this verse as a blessing to the Church at Rome. The gifts of hope, joy, and peace are given to each of us at the moment of our salvation. We will never have true peace, joy or hope apart from a relationship with Jesus Christ. If we do not have a relationship with Jesus we will have no weapons with which to battle what life puts in our path. Jesus is the foundation, builder and finisher of our hope.

One of my favorite pieces of art (which I hope someday to own) is the picture of Jesus as a young child in the carpenter shop with Joseph. Joseph is working on a piece of wood and Jesus is kneeling on the ground with the light shining through a window framing His small body in the shadow of the cross. Jesus’ earthly Father taught Him the trade of carpentry. Jesus’ heavenly Father taught Him how to rebuild the temple in those who chose to place their hope, trust and find their joy in Him through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Let us give thanks that we have been given the ability through the Holy Spirit to trust Jesus in all of our life’s experiences and challenges.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Give thanks with a grateful heart. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis,

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayers: Thank you all for your prayers. Bruce is doing much better and even walked through Wal-Mart without hurting tonight. He says he was a bit slow walking, but walked without pain. Praise God! And thank you all. gc

No comments: