Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy Friday!

I was accepted into the summer internship program for CPE at Huguley Hospital in Fort Worth. I will divide my time between Huguley and John Peter Smith as these two hospitals work together. It is a really lovely campus with 123 acres still undeveloped. The interview went well and then the staff chaplain gave me a tour of the building and treated me to lunch in the hospital cafeteria. I was very excited. I will begin the internship on June 11 and conclude it on August 24 just in time for the fall semester. Please pray for this vital and important ministry and the work God will work through all of us as we learn how to minister to these folks in their time of need.

Also, Bruce is improving so much that the doc says he may need only two more treatments and he should be okay. He is walking straighter and without a lot of pain. Special thanks go out to Dr. David and Rhonda Banks, the doc who is working with Bruce and his wonderful wife. These two people are extraordinary friends and people of faith. We are so grateful they have been to ones to facilitate Bruce’s healing. Thank you, friends. We love you lots. Thank you for all of your prayers. I know that is why Bruce has healed so rapidly. Keep praying and thank you again.

One more prayer request…Travis competes tomorrow in the Ronnie Coleman Classic, Clash of the Titans power lifting event. This will be his first professional meet. He is so excited and so prepared and ready for this. He has worked so hard for a very long time. He will be lifting hundreds of pounds and will compete with those who have been competing for a long time and are older than he. I ask you to pray for Travis to stay injury free and to have the strength to compete well. One of the verses in the gym says, “A strongman knows from where his strength comes.” Travis knows.

Prayer: “Lord Jesus, thank You for being my God and my guide. Thank You for giving me the precious ability to read and comprehend Your Word as the Holy Spirit enables me to understand its depth and meaning. Please guide me into all truth today and prepare me for the things You have prepared for me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

We see things said and done in the name of love all of the time. But these experiences of love we are shown in the world are not what real love is all about. Unfortunately a lot of those “love” experiences or events are just warm fuzzies and there is always a catch. The kind of love we see portrayed through the media is largely shallow, seeking only self-gratification and is tied to conditions. The love God has for us pours itself out onto each of us so we are covered in God’s love both inside and out, leaving no part of ourselves untouched by the complete love of God.

If we treasure God’s Word and are obedient to it then God’s love is shared among us and God’s love will make its home in each of us. When we trust that Christ is born again in our hearts the Holy Spirit immediately enters our bodies and bears witness to all that we are children of God and the body of Christ. But when we yield ourselves to the guidance of the Holy Spirit the love goes deeper and heaven comes to us even before we arrive.

The only way the world is going to find out about this love is through us. This is not about our church membership, but about our love for God as evidenced by our obedience to the Word, our prayers and how lovingly we treat others.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Final details: Travis’ events begin around 2:00—2:30 at the Mesquite Convention Center. Just look for the loud bunch! Peace, gc

No comments: