Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

What an awesome day! God is so good and provided an extraordinary day!

I went to advising for the summer and fall semesters. By the end of this semester I will have about 48 or so hours towards this degree. It is my intention to take either two classes this summer or participate in CPE. Then, this coming fall, I plan to take a full slate, 9 hours. One of those classes in the Fall is Supervised Ministry. Please pray that I get a placement for this most important part of the M.Div. degree. Also, I found out that at the end of the fall semester I will have completed all of the core classes except two and after that I can take the remaining classes as electives. How cool is that! It was a really wonderful day!

Prayer: “Lord Jesus, thank You for the night’s rest and for watching over me and my family while we slept. It is so comforting to know that You never sleep or slumber. Thank You for the ability to trust You and Your grace during the night as well as during the day. May I dress myself in the armor of God this morning as I appropriate You Word into my life in Jesus’ name, Amen.”

John 3: 5,6 “Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”

If you read the next verse it is the famous conversation Jesus has with Nicodemus (John 3: 7). Nicodemus seemed somewhat confused by the meaning of the phrase “born again.”

Jesus explained to Nicodemus that to accept the salvation He had to offer was not a physical re-birth, but a spiritual re-birth. This spiritual re-birth was not in addition to all of the things Nicodemus had on his plate already, but he had to empty his plate and begin again. But this time He was to fill His plate at the command of Jesus. Jesus was asking something of Nicodemus that Nicodemus could not accomplish on his own. Jesus was inviting him to enter into Jesus’ service and into the kingdom of God, but not by his own efforts. Jesus was asking Nicodemus to commit “spiritual bankruptcy” and abandon all he knew and trust in God for salvation.

In this verse of scripture the water represents the cleansing of the soul to be made ready for the entrance of the Holy Spirit to do its transforming work through the Word of God. Our salvation is in place when we are cleansed by the waters of baptism and covered in the forgiving, grace flowing blood of Jesus.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: