Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blessed Palm Sunday to you all and Hosanna in the Highest!

Such wonderful worship today at both of the churches I attend. Geni became the cross maker during worship today. She knows how to make crosses from the palm branches; she makes me one each year. Today she made a bunch of them as folks asked her. There were some left over and they are drying in the back window of my car.

Prayer: Father, make me strong in the Lord and in the power of Your might. Give me courage to face life’s pressures. When I am tempted to give up and give in, help me to trust in You. In Jesus’ name. Amen

Joshua 1: 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

You know Joshua came a long way. Joshua had been a slave, a servant, a warrior, a spy and now he was successor to the only prophet to ever see God face to face and is being asked to lead a nation into the Promised Land. To do all of these things Joshua needed encouragement because when the new nation of Israel landed in Canaan they were fraught with problems. But no matter how many problems arose, God stayed with Joshua and the people of Israel.

When we face difficult issues, God would have us to step forward into His guiding presence and walk in the light of His promises. God commanded the nation of Israel to step over into the Promised Land. Victory over the difficulties that occur in our lives can only happen when we go forward in faith believing that God walks with us.

Out of that nation of Israel that walked into Canaan, God raised up a new nation. All of the attitudes and habits of slavery had died off with the previous generation and this new generation who had never experienced slavery were ready to step into the Promised Land. They did so believing that God would walk with them and victory would belong to them because of God’s leadership through Joshua. When we, like Joshua, have God’s presence and provision for every need, then we have peace. Let us remember that through the power of the Holy Spirit, the Presence of God is available to us 24/7. Let us claim God’s Presence and allow Him to guide our steps trusting that even if the steps seem difficult, God’s leading will be there and will never leave us or forsake us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and carry an umbrella tomorrow. Count your blessings and say your prayers. May each of us stay in the awareness of God’s Presence in this most Holy of weeks. Love you all so very much. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: