Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Holy Saturday!

It has been a busy day cooking and preparing Easter Baskets for tomorrow. I have written about the man who was my mentor in music and in life when I was younger. He was the one who bought me a homecoming mum knowing I did not have a date and gave me a love and passion for music. He and his dear wife “Bobbie Gohlke” delivered numerous Easter baskets each year and always in secret. Duane and Bobbie would at times drive all night to deliver Easter Baskets to friends and other folks as a gesture of love and care. I, for years, was a recipient of one of those wonderful baskets. Yes, the Easter Bunny still visits our house each year. We have several baskets still to deliver but not so much in secret.

I would invite you, if you do not have a regular house of worship in which to attend, to come to Advent Lutheran tomorrow. There will be a breakfast beginning at 9:30 in Luther Hall and 11:00 worship. The Praise Team will be singing this awesome jazz arrangement of Amazing Grace; very difficult to learn, but well worth the extra practices. The house will rock with the Resurrection tomorrow. Come and join us for worship.

Prayer: Father, Your Word says that nothing good dwells in our flesh, so help me walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lust of the flesh. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Galatians 5: 25 if we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

As I am going through seminary I pray each day that I would be given the “ears to hear” and understand what the professors are teaching me. One of my most difficult problems was citing my work and putting together a bibliography. My questions were “where do the commas go? What is underlined? Who is the author and where do I find all of the information for the citing and the bibliography?” So one day I could not find a piece of information for the citing. I looked and looked and could not find it. I went to the young man at the reserve desk at the TCU Library and he could not find it. He sent me to a lovely young lady at the research desk. She looked and could not find it either and then she looked up the book on a library data base. Oh, my! This changed my life. She found the book and then there was this little (time) spot called “cite/export.” Click on “cite/export.” Select the desired format, copy and paste. How cool is that? I was struggling on my own when all I needed was some guidance from someone who knew more than me.

Friends, we cannot live this life on our own. We cannot accomplish what God desires for us or be who God want us to be without the power of the Holy Spirit. How much easier would our lives be if we walked in the Spirit instead of walking in the flesh?

If you are like me sometimes I walk in the Spirit and sometimes I don’t. My meditation tonight says the reason we do this is because we “leak,” But every day we need to live, move, breathe, and act in the Spirit so that we are fresh and new each day.

I wish you all a blessed Easter day. Hey I just heard that chocolate is good for you and helps stave off body fat. I like this writer!

Take joy in the journey! Wear comfortable shoes with your Easter clothes tomorrow. (I know I am.) Count your blessings and say your prayers. Worship in Spirit and truth. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: