Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

I have spent the day writing an exegesis on a passage of scripture from Genesis. I am not finished, but I am going to the TCU library early tomorrow morning and hopefully will finish. It is crunch time for college students. It seems that there are lots of writings, presentations and projects that are all due in close order.

Prayer: “Father, I recognize my propensity to sin. I sense the constant battle between good and evil that wars within me. So I lean on Your Word and place my life under the lordship of the Son of God. In Jesus’ name I commit this day to You. Protect me today from myself, and place Your hedge of protection around me. Amen”

1 John 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, and He might destroy the works of the devil.

Satan sets traps for each of us, often traps of the eyes, flesh and pride. We sinful souls sometimes walk right into those traps. We seem to be naturally attracted to sinful desires because we are sinners and fall short of the glory of God.

But here’s the good news. The Son of God came to do for us what we cannot do for ourselves. Jesus destroys the works of Satan. God declared war on Satan and promised to each of us ultimate victory. This promise was fulfilled in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. The reason Christ came was to destroy the destroyer. We are no longer powerless in the fight against sin because we have help. We are strengthened by the powers of His might and have His everlasting love to battle for us. Because Jesus fulfilled His purpose, we can now fulfill the purpose God has placed before us. Let us pray for God to keep us from the works of Satan. Lord, keep us in the Word and give the Holy Spirit victory over the powers of Satan.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Let us continue to pray for those who are going home for the first time tonight after the tornadoes. I pray for the restoration of basic utilities and physical and emotional healing. I pray these folks are warm and dry through kind souls and loving friends. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: