Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Saturday!

I finished question 3. There came a time during the answering of this question where I just could not separate the information out correctly to apply it to the question I needed to write. So I stood up and walked around a bit beginning to pray for clarity of thought and the ability to write the thoughts intelligently on the paper. The thought finally came and I began to understand. Maybe some of you were praying for me at that time and if you were. thank you so much. Two more to go! Keep praying for me, please.

Prayer: “Father, the reality of Your love is both encouraging and humbling. To think that You love us while we are yet sinners and that You delay Your judgment in mercy is more than I can fathom. I praise You that Your nature is to love and that I have experienced it personally. I pray that You will continue to be patient with others just as You are with me. Create within me a clean heart that sees the nations as You do, not rushing to judgment about others. Help me, today, as I seek to be diligent about inviting sinners to Christ. Amen.”

2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. “

Today, Geni and I went to a tiny restaurant to help celebrate a friend’s birthday. It is a restaurant that uses food only grown by local farmers and ranchers. When you finish eating you pay what you feel the meal was worth. (If you decide to go, take cash because you pay for your meal in the slot of a old watering can.) When you walk in you will immediately notice that there are no two tables alike and they are surrounded by dining chairs of all different types. I think there were about 6 tables and maybe around 20 chairs. The plates, tableware and napkins were a mixed variety like maybe they came from an attic or various garage sales. I drank water from a glass with the Steak and Ale logo on it.

The restaurant was extremely clean with a kind, peaceful and friendly atmosphere. The menu was handwritten on a chalkboard at the serving counter. You go to the counter and tell the server what you want and in what portion and you are served with a smile and kind words. But the main reason you go to a restaurant is for the food.

I must admit I was a bit leery of going to a restaurant which claimed an all organic menu. I was not looking forward to eating pink tofu and something that looked and smelled a bit like my lawn until I walked inside and enjoyed a delicious meal of butternut squash soup, a slice of asparagus and brie cheese quiche and a delicious salad. They also served chocolate raspberry brownies. What a treat I would have missed had I decided not to go.

Isn’t it the most amazing thing that God delays His judgment of us? God does not overlook our sins and ignore His holiness, but the timing of God’s judgment reveals the abundance of His patience. God’s delaying our judgment instead of bringing us to His justice each time we sin is really His intentional mercy. God waited to destroy the earth in the days of Noah and today He patiently waits for the world to repent and come into relationship with Him. God has modeled kindness and patience for us and we should act accordingly as we are made in His likeness.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS The name of the restaurant is Potagers, A Natural Café and Other Stuff. It is located at 315 Mesquite here in Arlington.

No comments: