Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy Thursday!

I completed the first question on the Christian Education final today. It took 4 pages and all day. This final is going really slow so please pray that I I can complete the test by Monday and Bruce can give it the once over twice before I turn it in.

Prayer: “Father, I long to see Your power unleashed in my life. Help me to walk in holiness for the sake of Your name. As I do, give me the privilege of seeing Your hand, appreciating Your glory, and marveling at Your strength in all things. Protect me on this day from temptation and sin so that I will in no way hinder Your work through my life. Keep me in the center of Your will that I might experience the maximum display of Your power. I pray that today will only be the beginning of Your wonderful works. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Joshua 3: 5 “And Joshua said to the people, “Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.”

1 Peter 1: 16 “Be holy, for I am holy.”

Sanctification is God’s ultimate means of making Himself known through us. As God’s earthly representatives we must become holy because apart from a consecrated life (a life committed to God) we have never seen the power of God. The Israelites had witnessed God’s power in the parting of the Red Sea and His leading them into the Promised Land, but this was just the beginning. Those Israelites who were about to enter into the Promised Land were yielding to God and ready to live lives no longer as slaves, but as God’s people who were created to serve Him. God’s commandments are not meant to rob us of blessing or limit us, they are meant to unleash the power of God within us. God wants to not only demonstrate His power in us, but show us His power. When we worship God we open ourselves up to be channels of his witness for the great things God has done. God has begun a great work in each of us. Let us keep ourselves open to the calling of love He has for us so that we might continue to see His glory.

Take joy in this amazing journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayers for Travis as he competes tomorrow night attempting to lift 730 pounds. forever, g

No comments: