Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Friday!

Travis lifted a clean 700 pounds in the power lifting meet tonight, taking 2nd place in the adult men’s open event in his weight bracket. Congratulations, Travis. We are grateful that he did not injure himself and we are so very proud of him.

Prayer: “Lord, I worship You as the Creator of heaven and earth. I praise You as my Maker and the Captain of my soul. Today, I recommit myself to follow You more closely, seeking greater evidence of my inheritance in Christ. Restore the joy of my sanctification, as I anticipate my future reward in heaven. Because You honor me as a sibling in Your kingdom, I will honor You by abandoning pursuits contrary to Your holiness. Thank you for walking beside me with patience and love as I try to live the Christian life. In Jesus’ name,” Amen.

Hebrews 2: 10, 11 “For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren.”

The universe was created by God as a place for Jesus to get the message of salvation out to us. Therefore it only makes sense that our salvation comes from Him and through Him. Jesus is sort of the Captain Kirk of our salvation as He has gone where no one has ever gone before. Jesus identified with us in so many ways, but never as strongly as the suffering He experienced on the cross. Christ rejoices in our victories and in the experiences of joy, but He totally identifies with our sufferings and our relationship with Him and His glory of the resurrection. Because Jesus was sanctified we, too, are sanctified. While any “good works” we might do would never measure up to grace we have received, walking in holiness assures us of walking with Him in this life and the next.

God’s goodness to us is beyond measure. We are treated as those who are joint heirs with Jesus. Even when we fall into patterns of sin, God forgives us and we are still members of the family (still in the will) with God treating us with His love and forgiveness.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Today I got question 2 completed on my Christian Ed. Final. I worked for six hours on this one question. Please keep praying. Thank you. Peace, gc

No comments: