Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Monday!

My apologies for not writing last night, but I had a small disaster in that a question I had spent six hours answering was eaten by my computer and flash drive. It was quite late when I discovered this and I was so upset. The good news is that my Christian Ed. is now in the hands of my beloved hubby for editing purposes. The paper is currently sitting at 19 pages. Hopefully by the time it is edited it will be a bit shorter. The paper was 5 essay questions all involving case studies in different situations taking place in Christian Education within the church. Tomorrow I move on to history. I have all 20 terms identified and one question drafted out and ready for writing. There is still one question left to completely answer. Keep praying me, please. I know I am!

Prayer: “Father, because I have been purchased with a great price and now am set apart for Your service and glory, I commit myself this day to seek first Your kingdom and righteousness. Help me this day to die to self that I might live for You. May I live this day with a heart overflowing with gratitude free from the guilt of sin. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Hebrews 10: 9, 10 “Then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” He takes away the first that he may establish the second. By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”

Scripture tells us that when God created man, we were made in His likeness. God is holy, therefore we are holy. God is set apart from nature, other gods and sinners. The only way to approach God is through prayer.

Jesus came into this world set apart from all others. Think of how He was born. He was born like no other, taught like no other. He taught with the authority of His Father. His death, burial and resurrection was like no other. The passage for tonight is such an extraordinary surrender to the obedience of God, “he said, Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” Jesus struggled with this whole business of will in the garden of Gethsemane when He prayed, “If there is a way, let this cup pass from me.”

As believers and followers of Jesus we are called to be set apart for His service and to be unlike the people of this world. Because of the sacrifice of Jesus, we are separate from this world to make a difference in this world as His ambassadors. “We must be different to make a difference!” WOW! We have our work cut out for us. The good news is that God will be with us and work with us each step of the way. Praise God!

Let us take joy in this journey together. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS The funny of the day…tonight on channel 13 it was one of their fundraising evenings and Victor Borge was the featured artist. In one of his comedy routines he asked the audience if they knew the history of the piano. Someone answered no. He told the audience that the original piano was constructed with only one key that went the length of the keyboard. That made finding or writing music for the piano really difficult. Then he said, “Someone put in the cracks and the music for the piano really opened up.” I laughed for about a half hour I think and then every time I remembered it I have broken out into a fit of giggles.

No comments: