Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Bruce is working diligently on the paper we have come to name “The Beast” due to its length of 19 pages. What a great guy!! Today I have spent working on the history paper due on Friday morning. I have one question left on that paper. But tomorrow, I study Old Testament. Please continue in prayer. It is really helping.

Prayer: “Help me this day, O Lord, to be sensitive to any and all opportunities I have to meet the needs of others, in the name of Jesus, and to share Jesus through these opportunities. May my words this day encourage others in the Lord. In Jesus’ name, Amen”

Acts 3: 19 “Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.”

To be restored is to get back what has been lost. Peter and John, in Jesus’ name, had just healed a lame man by the gate of the temple, which was called Beautiful. The lame man received back what he had lost, the strength of his legs. People witnessed this miracle and Peter was inspired to bear witness to this miracle. In this impromptu sermon Peter spoke of repentance, redemption and restoration.

Repentance means to turn away from sin. Redemption means to turn to the Savior. Restoration is what we experience when our sins have been forgiven. When our sins have been forgiven then our strength in the Lord has been restored and we are once again in right relationship with the Savior. We are refreshed in the filling and outpouring of the Holy Spirit. When we are in the presence of God we can sincerely repent and receive redemption and restoration out of His love for us. During the holiday season we like to have our families close to us. God loves having His children close. The more of the Savior that is inside of us, the closer to God we are. It is wonderful to allow ourselves to be restored by the God of all forgiveness and grace.

If there is something that is keeping you from being restored to God, take the time now to pray a prayer of forgiveness and start over with God once again, receive redemption, get back what you lost - be restored.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes (maybe some galoshes). Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: