Friday, December 16, 2011

Happy Thursday!

It is finished!! This morning I took my Old Testament Test which took 4 hours to complete. I was one of the final five to finish. My professor was very kind in allowing some of us who needed more time to complete it in a different room than where we started. The test was supposed to be over at 10:30 (began at 8:00). I was tired, but felt pretty good about the test. As for the History test, I finished it around 9:00 tonight and sent it to the capable hands of my beloved hubby. He is currently editing the two essay questions. The paper is due by 9:00 AM tomorrow. This is for the professor who will NOT accept late work. Bruce says he will be finished long before 9:00. I think we may both sleep in a bit tomorrow.

As the exams will be passed on to the hands of those who evaluate my work, I ask for your prayers that the Holy Spirit will bless the efforts of my work and the professors as they grade these papers. Two extra prayers for Bruce, that he receive and extra blessing or two for his joyful sacrifice of the time he spends editing my papers and that these efforts will not completely exhaust him.

Prayer: “Lord, you have set me apart; I am no longer a part of this world, but rather a part of Your kingdom. Help me this day to represent You and Your kingdom’s interest. In Jesus’ name, Amen”

John 17: 18-19 “As You sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they may also be sanctified by the truth.”

This morning in my drive time devotional I heard, “When you began this journey with Me, heaven and all eternity was always the destination.” How wonderful that the prayer tonight affirmed God’s awesome presence in His truth as to His plan for each of us. Jesus prays a priestly prayer claiming His own calling by His Father, God, and also confirms His obedience. In order for the story of Jesus to continue, just as God sent Jesus into the world, Jesus sent His disciples into the world. Jesus continues to say to the Father, in order that they (the Disciples) know how to act as My representatives, I will submit to Your will again and model a sanctified life.

Jesus set these 12 apart for His service and we have been set apart. God gave Jesus the words to say to His Disciples by the words spoken in prayer. Jesus spoke to His disciples from the words of His mouth ordained by God. We receive the words to say through the Holy Scriptures, prayer, His Holy Spirit and those who sanctify themselves for His service and model the sanctified life. Jesus was sent with a message. He sent His disciples with a message and we are sent with the same message.

Jesus and all his disciples (even us!) are called into his service. Our mission field is no different than Jesus’ or His disciple’s mission field- it is the world.

It is not an easy mission field and Jesus and His disciples were rejected, but it is the field in which we are meant to serve. Jesus was even executed by His own people on a cross. He does not necessarily send us to places of ease and comfort. (Lord, please send me to Hawaii to suffer for You!) Not likely! We cannot serve like Jesus if we are not willing to sacrifice. We must go where the Lord directs. This job ain’t easy, but it is worth it!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes can carry an umbrella. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Love, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer request: Little Tatum goes in for another treatment tomorrow. If her counts are at the right place then the treatment will proceed. The family is hoping that she is recovered enough for this treatment so the procedures can continue. Thank you loving warriors, gc

No comments: