Saturday, October 20, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

Three overtimes!! What a game!  Even though my beloved TCU Horned Frogs did not win, they played well and did not give up.  We’ll get ‘em next time! 

And if time permits perhaps we could all stand and eat a corn dog in memory of Big Tex.  1952—2012.

Prayer:  “Lord Jesus, You have invited me on a mission to make Your life known. This mission begins in my family and reaches the ends of the earth. Help me to so love You that those closest to me are drawn into intimate fellowship with God. Help me to touch the generations to come by making a difference in this generation. Lord use me that my family may know You. Lord, use me that the nations may know You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen”

“Only take heed you yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and grandchildren.
Deuteronomy 4:9

Today I was meeting with my Lay Training Committee.  This is a group of church members who have committed to meet with me monthly throughout my supervised ministry.  They are this wonderful support group who prays for me, with me and helps me to learn many things about the church. 

My focus for this month is outreach.  Rush Creek is really into outreach.  The overall focus of outreach at Rush Creek is helping the poor.  We have many missions and events that help the poor globally as well as locally. As our conversation continued we began to speak of families and how we can serve our families and help them to have more intimate relationships with Christ.  We can begin by providing a good disciple for our families.  We do not need to get on a plane or travel far away to model the godly life for our families.  We can sit at the table in our own homes joining in fellowship with those we love and being the godly seed in this world to bear fruit for God.  William James once said, “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.”  See you in worship.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert! My dear friend Lisa’s mother is a sever diabetic and has many health issues due to the diabetes.  Very recently this terrible disease has affected her heart. Lisa flew out today to Alabama to be with her mother and siblings.  They have difficult decisions to make concerning the care of their mother.  Please keep this precious family in your prayers.

Also when you pray tonight, please pray for Bruce as he travels to Memphis to be with his brother Dale and his family.  Dale is having knee replacement surgery on Tuesday so please include him in your prayers.

Peace, gc


No comments: