Thursday, October 18, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

Part of my supervised ministry training is visiting some of the members of the congregation who cannot get out a lot, so I visit and have conversation and prayer with them every so often.  I have now visited two wonderful ladies and enjoy this part of my training. 

Prayer:  “Lord Jesus, I realize that You want to live Your life in and through me.  Thank You for inviting me to love others out of the overflow of my love relationship with You. Help me today to live in dependence upon You, so that You might make Your life known through me that the world may know You. Amen.”

“And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.”
Colossians 3:15

People can see that we are alive because they can see our bodies.  People can see that Christ is alive because we are the “body of Christ.”  Christ lives and acts through us in the world.  We prove to others around us that Christ is alive when we share the light and love of Jesus.  The apostle John says in 1 John 4:12, “No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.”

Through the power of the Holy Spirit God manifests the life of Christ through each of us and calls us The Church.  May we be a church that is filled with changed lives. May we be a place that changes lives by the love of Jesus living in and through us.  May those around us see the difference Jesus has made in our lives and may they be drawn to Christ and His love. When we are in the midst of the difficulties of life may God’s peace rule in our hearts. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: