Friday, October 19, 2012


Happy Friday!

Prayer:  “Father, thank You for the relationship You have given me through Your son, Jesus. I know that I was not created to enjoy a relationship with You apart from fellowship with Your family. Help me to stay connected in community and experience life-changing relationships with others. May my life be an inspiration to others to love You more. Make me mindful throughout this day to pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen.”

“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Hebrews 10: 25

We are called to gather together with other believers.  Our salvation is not contingent on us going to church. We are called to gather together because following Jesus is all about relationships. Being a Christian is all about having a relationship with God. Following Jesus is all about a relationship with others.  When we gather in fellowship, service and worship our relationship with God becomes deeper. It is through our relationship with God that enables us to relate with others. 

“Exhorting” one another means “to invite to come along.”  When we gather with other believers we experience deeper levels of intimacy with the Divine.  Eternity is enjoying our relationship with God within the fellowship of God’s family at the deepest level of intimacy.  Our relationship with God and other believers is like that song says, “a foretaste of the feast to come.”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Alert:  Daddy called today to tell me he has been diagnosed with severe diabetes.  So far he will be able to change his diet and take oral medication to keep it under control.  Please keep him in your prayers as he makes these life changes. 

Also, tonight I ask special prayers for Bruce’s brother, Dale.  He is having knee surgery on Tuesday in Memphis. Bruce will be traveling to be with him and the family.  Please pray for a perfect surgery and for Bruce to have an uneventful trip to Memphis and safe return home.  We so appreciate your prayers. Thank. Peace, gc

No comments: