Wednesday, October 17, 2012


Happy Tuesday!

Prayer: “O God, I will never comprehend the depth of what took place on the Cross! I stand amazed at the unfathomable love you poured out for me to experience forgiveness. May I never forget the suffering You endured on my behalf, and may I live today in light of the Cross. Thank You, Jesus, for saving me and giving me life abundantly. Use me today to share the life-changing message with others. Amen.”

 “The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we thought many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.”
1 Corinthians 10: 16-17

We have been given an amazing practice in the church to remember the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.  Each week we prepare our hearts for the moments of fellowship with Christ and our holy family as we gather around the table.  We call this “The Lord’s Supper. We gather to celebrate, remember and proclaim the ultimate sacrifice of love. Just prior to this wonderful act we hear the words of the life and death of the body and blood of Christ poured out for the forgiveness of sins: our sins.  In this beautiful act we proclaim that without the crucified Christ we cannot have the forgiveness of our sins.  You know we can be creative with bread, select a wine, juice or pancake syrup (it’s a youth thing), but as long as Christ is present we can never be ashamed of the gospel, the blood of Christ and the redemption purchased for us.  The truth of all of this is found in the power of God for salvation to all who believe.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


No comments: