Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Today was spent getting caught up on grading. Tomorrow I take on the daunting task of posting all of these grades on the gradebook program and waiting for Bruce to return. I miss him when he is gone this long. When I spoke with him last night he said all was going well, but he was really tired.

Prayer: “Father, thank You that Your way is perfect and Your Word is true. You don’t need to prove anything to me, yet daily You provide me with more than sufficient evidence to show that You are trustworthy. I thank You for being my shield and my strength. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Psalm 18: 30, 32 “As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him…It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect.”

The story goes like this…a grandfather was visiting his three year old grandson. The grandson had a tree house in his backyard. The little one climbed up into the tree house and stood on the edge and looked down at his grandpa. The grandpa looked up and said, ”Jump to me and I will catch you.” The little boy looked down at grandpa and said, “Go get my Daddy.”

This little guy knew and trusted the strength of his dad and would only jump into the arms he knew had the strength that would safely catch him. When I heard this lesson I thought how wise this little guy is. We should all be so wise. How many times when trouble came have we jumped into something thinking that it would solve the problem or save us from trouble instead of going to God first? We need to remember is that God is trustworthy. God’s arms of grace are strong enough to handle the problem. God’s Word is true and the promise is found in Isaiah 26:4, ‘Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord, the Lord, is everlasting strength.” God promises that His everlasting strength is forever. It is impossible to break God’s promises by leaning on them. He will cradle us when we jump.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer remembering that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all and see you in worship, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayers: Please remember Bruce, the Kairos Team and the inmates as they close down their weekend tomorrow afternoon. Pray for the team as they travel home. Thanks. Peace, gc

No comments: