Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

I am really excited for tomorrow! Tomorrow I register for the summer semester at Brite. It is an intensive study course, Christian Theology of Religion. It will last for 5 days from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. I figure for 5 days I can endure almost anything. And then on to the fall where I am registering for 9 hours. That means three classes; Interpreting the Hebrew Bible, Christian History from the Reformation through Modern, and Christian Education. I began to get excited after I completed advising. I will let you know tomorrow if I was successful in registering for these classes. The funny thing was that Dr. Feille (pronounced: fail, terrible name for an advisor!) warned me that one of these classes began at 8:00 AM. I just sort of looked at him and said that I had been in a classroom at 8:00 for the past 30 years and so it was not big deal.

Prayer: “Lord, help me remember that I can get through anything that happens today because You are with me. Whenever I feel afraid, I will trust You. You are my strength and the song I will sing throughout this day. Amen.”

The one thing I have not liked about graduate school is that all of my classes have been at night. I arrive at school in the daylight and leave in the dark. The walk to the car after class right now is a bit of a hike as they are doing construction in the area and I have to park a couple of blocks away. I do not like the dark anyway and walking to my car in the dark is not something with which I am comfortable. So I do two things the help curb my fear. First, I usually walk out with a hot drink and then I call Bruce. I wear a Bluetooth earpiece which allows me to talk hands free. Bruce walks me to my car each Tuesday evening. So I figure that any dangerous folk will think I am a bit nutty and that I am talking to myself. Bruce’s voice in my ear is a soothing, secure and a protective presence in a few moments of fearfulness. I know if anything were to happen that Bruce may not be able to get to me, but he could get help to me if necessary. I am grateful for my phone, Bluetooth and Bruce’s voice as God’s provision to battle a brief bout of fear.

King David was grateful that God granted provision through rough, rocky and scary times. We need God to make it through the worst that life can throw at us. He is our rock and He will deliver us. God did not deliver King David from his troubles, but guided him through his trials.

Just like my weekly walk to the car in the darkness I do not know what is ahead of me or what awaits me, but I do know that I must keep going until I reach my destination, trusting that God is with me. Even if times become really rocky I know there will be a way through and that I will never go wrong in trusting the One who died for me.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer remembering that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert: Please pray for Bruce and the Kairos team as they prepare to take the gospel into the prison. May the Holy Spirit prepare the way for that gospel to go inside and the hearts of those who will receive it.

No comments: