Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Monday!

Let no one ever tell you that a weather change does not affect the behavior of young children. The kids were very talkie today!

Let us pray for the victims of the accident on I-30 this morning. I thought about this accident all day and my heart goes out to the families of those involved in the accident. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Prayer: “Father, help me to trust You and seek You with all of my heart today. I am so grateful to You for always guiding me through the good times and the bad. You are my rock and my strength. Give me the wisdom to please You in all I say and do. In Jesus’ name, Amen”

1 Chronicles 5: 19-20 “They made war with the Hagrites, Jetur, Naphish, and Nodah. And they were helped against them, and the Hagrites were delivered into their hand, and all who were with them, for they cried out to God in the battle. He heeded their prayer, because they put their trust in him.”

God never promised an easy life. What He did promise is that if we would trust Him as our first and best hope then He would answer our prayers. Not only would He answer our prayers, but He would help us in time of need and walk those roads with us that are so difficult. When we pray, even when we trust during our prayers, the answer is not always yes. Sometimes the answer is no and sometimes (and I think this one is the hardest) He says wait. We are not very good at waiting.

Our microwave, click on, online world is a world of instant answers and instant gratification. But as the prophet Jeremiah tells us, “God’s ways are not our ways and His ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.” But His thoughts are always about us, His children. Sometimes I think God wants us to trust him even before we see Him moving in our lives. Maybe we should practice trust every day so when the difficult times come we already know God so well that we believe He is with us and will remain with us until the end of the road and beyond.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your payers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day remembering that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Request: Please pray for Bruce as he prepares for leadership in the Kairos Prison Ministry this coming weekend. He will leave on Wednesday and return on Sunday. Please pray for the Brothers in white as God prepares them to receive the Word from the men who are given the ministry of taking the Word into those in prison. Thanks. Peace, gc

No comments: