Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Today was busy as the first grade is preparing for the 5th Annual Chili cook-off. Here at home I have two pots of chili in crock-pots. We are dressing western for tomorrow and I learned a valuable lesson tonight. Do not polish your boots in an enclosed space like your bedroom. Big mistake!

Prayer: “Lord I come to You this morning because You are merciful and because You have said You will hear the cries of my heart. I will be joyful today because my trust is in You and I know that You already know what this day holds. I celebrate another day to give You glory. Thank you for hearing me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Just to let you know Bruce is tired but says the first day went really well at the prison.

Psalm 5: 11,12 “Let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You. For You O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield.”

Have you ever considered the psalms as David’s private journal? In all of his writings you can read about his joys, sorrows, anger, pain, times of peace, times of turmoil and his most intimate conversations with God. In Psalm 5 shows David is discouraged. And he asks God to hear his cry for help. As David sort of wallows in his discouragement he later says that if we put our trust in God then we can be encouraged.

Have you ever turned a situation from sadness to gladness simply by praising God? I have. It is not easy, but this action tells God that we are ready for Him to take control of the situation. When we do that then God will give us encouragement. When we surrender over to God that which is troubling us then God defends, blesses and protects those who love Him. Since God is “absolutely trustworthy” we have reason to rejoice.

Life does not always hand us our favorite pie. Sometimes it hands us turnips (I really do not like turnips.) and when the turnips come we do not need to rely on our own strength or our own abilities to get through. We still might struggle during the time of trial but we will never struggle alone because the God who loves us so much stays with us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us lift each other up in prayer each day remembering that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: