Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Friday and on into Saturday!

The land is cleared for the patio! One step down and several to go. I will keep you posted.

Prayer: “Lord, it is a Friday, the day You designed to lift our spirits from the routine of work. I don’t want to just finish today, but finish strong. In my walk, my work, my life, may the day be filled with a sense of completion. I am truly thankful for what You began in my heart, saving me from my sin. My desire is to be transparent enough that others can see You in me. For the tasks ahead, strengthen me. For a faithful life, establish me. I am Your vineyard. In Jesus’ mighty name, Amen.”

Colossians 2: 6,7 “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.”

Each day I sign off with the words Take joy in the journey. Life is such a journey taking us to somewhere or someone or taking us away from a place or someone. When we enter into a relationship with Christ our journey into the Christian life begins. God roots Himself in us. The older I get and the longer I spend in this Christian life there is one thing I am being convinced of daily - standing on God’s Word is the most solid surface offered to us. God’s Word becomes rooted in us and flourishes within us when we study and put His Word into practice. We are given new strength and stability to walk the journey that God has in store for us.

We are forever learning that” we can run and not be weary and walk and not faint” as it says in Isaiah 40:5. The only way we can continue to progress in this life of faith is to depend on the One who gave us life. This power to progress begins in our new life in Christ as we are born again in Him. This rebirth enables, enriches and allows us to live an abundant life.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other in prayer remembering that everyone is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all and see you in worship, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: