Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Greetings from Austin St. and Wichita Falls,

Happy Wednesday! Give thanks that Bruce arrived in Wichita Falls safely. Please pray for the ministry of Kairos throughout the weekend.

Prayer: “Father, I know that You will walk with me through this day. Thank You for being my shield and protection from anything that Satan might try to use to hurt me. I will trust in You. In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.”

2 Samuel 22: 2-3 “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence. “

What a great passage for Bruce, the team and inmates as they approach this weekend. In my meditation tonight there was a quote from Oswald Chambers, “A saint’s life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see. “ Even in our darkest days, God is working out the good in the situation and ultimately in our lives. Whatever God has aimed for us is always to make our lives better so we can trust Him.

So here are all of those inmates with boatloads of problems. The team will take the heart of the gospel into these men and encourage them to cry out to God and trust Him to give them what they need. The message to be delivered is that the trust placed in God is not based on who we are or what we have done, but who God is and what He has done. God is a God of perfect trust and we can depend on Him for wisdom, strength and deliverance. The Lord will not fail us!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day remembering that everyone is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all and pray for my sleep, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer joy! I registered for fall classes. I got into all of my classes for the fall and I am on a waiting list for my summer class. Thank you for your continued prayers for my studies and future ordination. Peace, gc

No comments: