Sunday, June 22, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all.  All is well here at 811. Today I was given a most precious gift of grace and blessing. For the first time in almost a year Bruce and I stood together and sang with the Praise Team during worship. Because of the stroke there have been some changes in our life and a lot of re-growing into new normal. But of all of the things I have missed about our life before the stroke, standing together, hand in hand and singing with Bruce as a part of the Praise Team is what I have missed the most. I have missed his beautiful voice in my ear harmonizing with me.   We have been singing together since the day we met and this is the longest time in 33 years we have gone without singing together.  God is good and His gracious love wins once again. Giving thanks with a grateful heart.

Dear God, when I quiet my soul and lift my voice in song you are nearer than my breathing.  You are closer to me than I am to myself. Today Lord you graciously restored that which I have missed for a long time. Thank you for restoring Bruce’s confidence and courage to stand and sing with the Praise Team in worship today. Singing is at the heart of the story of our life together and thank you that you are continuing to write the story of our love for each other because  of  your love for  us and in us with singing. I love you so much Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

When I walk into worship I leave the world outside and come into the presence of God in a space inhabited by those who love God and are there to sing praises, pray prayers, read and word and preach the word. But sometimes something happens after I have walked into that space that interrupts my personal worship space and I have to re-center myself on the worship and praise of God. 

When we separate ourselves from the interruptions and the outside world we can feel the closeness of God. When we choose to demand of ourselves that our attention is focused on the praise and worship of God we find ourselves experiencing the peace that God brings by His very Presence.  It is in those moments of sacred quiet that our hearts become one with our Lord.  Sometimes we walk into worship with a list of the things we need to do before we go home or go to the restaurant. So on Sunday morning let’s push those things down on the list and move God to the top of the list.  We will receive the most wonderful blessings and receive the joy that worshiping and praising God… and for Bruce and me we can continue to sing our story and God’s.

“Your God is present among you, a strong Warrior there to save you. Happy to have you back, he’ll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs.”
Zephaniah 3: 17

Take joy in the journey singing and making a joyful noise.  Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: