Saturday, June 21, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Saturday!  All is well here at 811. I think it must have been the day to stay home and rest.  Bruce accidentally slept through the alarm this morning and did not make it to the prison.  I awoke sore, swollen, red and tired from radiation.  In short the Chrysties rested today, ate left overs and watched movies.  It was sort of a first for both of us and although I would not like to spend many days like this, spending time resting was nice and necessary.

Faithful God, when I must follow a steep and difficult path on my journey through life I will place my hope and trust in your promise to help me reach my destination safely.  And Lord as I continue this journey and when I get anxious  beginning to lose my footing help me to stay focused on you listening to your voice as I continue. Help me to trust in you in obedience. I pray for your help along the way to sing praises of thanksgiving. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

I watched a movie today where two of the characters climbed a mountain. We were not created in our bodies to climb mountains. The animals with hooves designed to hug those narrow mountain paths have the endurance, strength and balance to safely ascend the mountain.  The characters in the movie today wore special belts, ropes and shoes to climb the mountain. Here is what caught my attention; these folks ascended the mountain going straight up using a rope and pulley system and of course there was the scene then one of the people slipped and was dangling in midair.  Now their friend was there to pull them to safely. In comparison to the hind or mountain who come equipped with hooves that were meant to ascend the mountain by going gently up the side and leaping from crag to slope with sure footing.  The animals also seem to have the instinct to know just how far to leap to land safely.

We do not always get the choice to go slowly and gently through the paths we have to walk.  Straight up the side seems a lot harder to me than going gently up the side. Sometimes our paths lead us up steep treacherous mountains. There are times we feel the shortest path is to go straight up the side of the mountain when we should walk the side of the mountain with slow, gentle steps.  But for us here is the good news, no matter what the path we do not ever have to attempt the journey alone.  We walk all of our journeys with God beside us to keep us from falling and providing whatever assistance we need.  God will help us reach our destination if we just call on His name and we place our trust in Him. 

“Let everyone bless God and sing his praises; for he holds our lives in his hands, and he holds our feet to the path. (I love this part of the scripture. God will not let go of us!)
Psalm 66: 8-9
“He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your food against a stone.”
Psalm 91: 11-13

Take joy in the journey and while I never ask for the mountain I always ask for help when one comes my way. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: