Monday, June 16, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Monday!  All is well here at 811. 21 treatments down 13 to go. 

Dear God, Thank you for being my heavenly Father, for sending Jesus to be my Lord and Savior and for returning through the Holy Spirit so that You dwell in me and remain in communion with me with each breath I take. Forgive me when I choose my plans and do not pray about them first and then complain when they do not come into fruition. Thank you for your perfect plans for me that give me perfect peace. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

How often do we get mad at God when the plans we make do not fall into line with the plans God has already made for us?  I often think does God act like my GPS? You know, if you are listening to the directions given by the voice to reach your destination and either we think we know a better way or we miss a direction and (my GPS angel) simply reroutes us and gets us back on the right road without fuss or scolding. My GPS angel brings me a great deal of peace.  I trust it to get me where I am going and it even automatically plans a different route if there is road work. All I have to do is listen, pay attention and drive.

 I’ll bet God wishes I/we would listen and pay attention to Him as closely as I/we listen to my GPS. God has such amazing plans for us and yet we still try to do things our own way and in our own time. We still struggle for control. I know that when I struggle for control I am not at peace with myself or at peace with God. My soul and thoughts are in turmoil and I am miserable when I have placed my plans and my time over what God has already put in place.  God’s wonderful peace fills my heart when I in faithful trust choose God’s plans over mine.  Scripture claims that we will have perfect peace when we keep our minds on Him.  Help me Lord to pay attention remembering that Your plans over mine will always be perfect.  Amen.

“You keep him/her in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he/she trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever.”
Isaiah 26: 3-4
Take joy in the journey my friends and let’s do better to follow  GPS (God’s Purpose Saves) Yes, I just made that up! I like the last sentence of this verse, “Trust in the LORD forever!”  Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: