Thursday, June 19, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811. 24 treatments down. 10 treatments to go. Final staging for the “boost” complete and it was not an unpleasant ordeal at all.  It was much more relaxed and did not take near as long.  I am so very thankful.  The radiation burn is pretty severe and the lymph node scar is fairly raw. So it’s Neosporin for now and something different if necessary.  However, on an exciting note…our passports came in the mail today.  I was able to complete our passenger check-in for the cruise.  And as we get closer to departure I will download and print off our boarding passes and luggage tags.  So while part of the day wasn’t completely wonderful, part of the day was really exciting.  24 days until we sail!!

Dear God, my time is in your hands—and I trust you. It is hard to wait, but it is worth it knowing that you are handcrafting my future. Lord, thank you for guiding me and teaching me to listen to you. I trust that you are preparing me for the day ahead and that I am following the path you have laid out for me.  Help me not to be intimidated or anxious about the future and keep my eyes on you.  When I am in your presence I am on holy ground and in the midst of perfect love and my soul is cradled in comforting peace.  I love you Lord and rejoice at the sound of your name. In Jesus’ name, amen.

The psalmist cries out “How long O Lord?” For me this healing process is based on specific time increments.  The treatments up to now have been a broader spectrum of radiation and will change to a very directed treatment. So while one area will begin to heal another will still receive treatment.  But in ten weekday treatments will be over and full healing will begin. The good news is I have been assured that all effects of radiation are temporary.  So hopefully by the time we set sail the burns will be gone and healing will be complete both inside and out. The one thing that makes this process endurable is the knowledge that I have a good idea when relief will come. But when we have no idea of when the circumstances that cause our pain either physical, mental, emotional or spiritual will come to resolution is when we become discouraged.  Two things are happening here. First we have whatever situation is going on that is causing us distress, anxiousness or fear and second there is no certainty of the time when the situation will end.  Things could change in a moment or go on for a long time. 

I believe that God hears our cries and not only has the situation in His care for us, but also the time element in His loving hands.  We may not know how long the situation will last, but God knows and loves us so much that He knows the nature of the situation and how long it will take to fix it.  I also believe that God does not want His children to suffer with fear or anxiousness any long than is necessary so let us patiently (I don’t like that word sometimes!) wait for God and believe that God’s time table for us is perfect.  God is good and His love and mercy wins. 


How long, O LORD?”
Psalm 13:
“Look on me and answer, O LORD, my God. Give light to my eyes.”
Psalm 13: 3
Take joy in the journey and hang in there with the promises of God. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: