Saturday, June 28, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Saturday!  All is well here at 811. 

Dear God, I believe that You fit all things into your perfect plan even the things I wish had been  different. So Lord I trust my future to you because you have given me the resources for today. As I am completing this cancer treatment journey in just a few days I know the real healing is to come. So Lord it is almost time to make another new beginning and let me be courageous with your strength and enduring spirit to begin once again. Your promise is that nothing is impossible with you. So let me more than ever to place my focus on you in Christ centered service to share your relentless healing grace with others. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

Now is the time to begin anew!  That phrase comes directly from my devotional reading tonight. I sometimes feel that I have begun anew so many times and new normal at times seems almost routine!  But I think I have learned that beginning again is not just a time, but a place.  Beginning again is a unique crossroads of the time and space of which we currently live. Here’s the thing, beginning again does not happen in the future, beginning again begins where re are at this moment in time. We cannot correct the past and we cannot live in what is beyond us, but we can live joyfully in the present because we talk to God in the present moment and then we move on to the next and the next and the next.  We can plan for our future but it is still beyond our vision and our present time and space. So my friends let us find our resources for today and this moment sufficient because God is the source of all we have and nothing is impossible with God.

“We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His} design.
Romans 8: 28
“The secret things belong unto the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow the words of this law.”
Deuteronomy 29: 29
“For nothing is impossible with God.”
Luke 1: 37
Take joy in the journey and give thanks for the presence of God in our crossroad of time and space. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene



No comments: