Wednesday, June 25, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well here at 811. 28 treatments down and 6 more to go!   We had a brief time of no power in the middle of dinner.  We called Oncor, finished dinner and left the house for cooler places. And when we arrived home around  9:00 the neighborhood was once again well-lit and all was restored.  Thanks be to God and the fine folks at Oncor!

Dear God, I am glad that you dwell in my heart. My greatest desire, God is for others to see you in and through my life. Help me to share your love with everyone I meet.  Lord, there are opportunities to apply for ministry positions that I see every day. But Lord, because of the effects of radiation I am reluctant to apply because I cannot effectively to the job at this time. Lord, I pray you will place a position before me when I am able and send me there by your timing, will and loving grace.  I trust you enough that You will make me fit for service and open a place that fits me and the gifts you have given. Thank you Lord. I love you so much. In Jesus name, amen.

A pastor friend once explained the Trinity to the group of children seated before him during children’s sermon like this, “God is in heaven, Jesus is in our hearts and the Holy Spirit is everywhere.”  Because God is the three in One, God’s favorite dwelling place is in our hearts. It is in our hearts where God speaks to us. God pours  His love in us and tells us how special we are to him . If we search our hearts we find the truth about how God feels about us. It does not matter what we have said or done God’s love for us prevails over all of that because of this one phrase, “For God so loved the world.”  It is in our hearts that we have the most powerful interaction with God that allows us to confidently talk to God letting him know our needs and his will for us. When we speak intimately with God we are focused on God and our hearts become Holy Places where we dwell in the presence of God listening for his wisdom and words of love for each of us. Fear not my friends and listen to your heart and have hope.

“Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. For our hearts shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.”
Psalm 33: 20-21
“You have put gladness in my heart, more that when their grain and new wine abound.”
Psalm 4: 7
Take joy in the journey and listen to your heart for God is there. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: