Saturday, November 2, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Saturday!  All is well and the water is just fine here at 811.  The brain is the most interesting organ we have. When one part of it is damaged there are other parts that either remember or learn new skills. After three trips to Home Depot all of the parts were gathered and the repair was made. As for me, Bruce is a hero who does not wear a cape, but late at night when he goes to turn the water off and on he wears crocs and an elastic band with a light attached to see the water valve.  He is amazing and I am so glad he is with me. He amazes me.  God is good and love wins!

Lord, How blessed and fitting to praise you, God! I thank you for bringing peace and constancy to my heart, where pain and sadness once lived.  I hope in your goodness and will remember to praise you forevermore. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Today, Bruce and I made our last trip to Home Depot for the past parts to repair the plumbing in our bathroom. When you live in an old house and fix one thing invariably another problem presents itself. Now for Bruce Home Depot is like me walking into Brighton. As we were walking across the parking lot to enter the building and he was holding my hand I was profoundly reminded of the gift of life that held my hand. Here is a man who three and a half months ago could not walk a straight line and he was walking into Home Depot and straight to the aisle that contained the parts needed to make repairs and within himself the skills to complete the task. It took a lot of self-control not to fall to my knees and give thanks for this gift that presents itself to me every day.  

I pray each night for Bruce’s healing and restoration and sometimes I forget to give thanks for all of the gifts and graces that we have been given in Bruce’s healing. The Book of Psalms begins “Happy are those who…love the LORD’S” teachings” (1: 1-2) and ends “Praise the Lord!”  My devotion tonight reminds me “in every situation you might experience on the journey of life—trials, losses, betrayals, joys, hopes, promises, and desires The Psalms represent the whole spectrum of human experience, and the faithfulness of God to walk with us through each one.”  I don’t think we are supposed to be thankful for losses and illness, but what I DO think we are to give thanks and praise that God is with us through all of the days of our life and whatever situations each day brings. When we learn to trust in God’s love and Presence remembering that in the presence of God we stand on Holy Ground we can praise Him in faith, believing in our hope in Him and find the peace for which we long.

“Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.”

Psalm 150: 6

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, turn back the clock tonight and get an extra hour of sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

 

No comments: