Monday, October 28, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Monday!  All is well at 811!  I have waited 102 days for this moment. Bruce said, “Gaylene” today!  And before you ask, yes I cried tears of joy.  We were on our way home from a very, very long day at a Social Security Disability mandated psychological evaluation that lasted 4 ½ hours. And he said my name.  God is good and love wins!

Lord, thank You dear Lord for the words of life you speak to me. By your words I am named and claimed. By your words I am held, molded and sent out. And by your healing grace and tender mercy Bruce said my name to day. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Reading for pleasure is something I remember. I do love to read, and I especially love to read Holy Scripture. Scripture has the power to encourage, to help, inspire, teach, to tell a story, to correct behavior, offer forgiveness of sins from the mouth of Jesus and tell of the grace  given by God’s own Son.  I particularly love the words of the psalmist.  In Psalm 119: 103 the writer found the words of God, “sweeter than honey.” The words of Jesus are life-giving. There are lots of books out there that are well written and read over and over again like an old friend.  But the Word of God is the only book with the power to transform us from the inside out and allow the transcending spirit of Jesus to fill our souls with light, life, promise, joy and the unfailing love of God.

“How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mind.”

Psalm 119: 103

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

No comments: