Tuesday, October 29, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Tuesday!  All is well at 811. Bruce had a medical doctor’s appointment for Social Security Disability today. Since I was in class today our wonderful friend Steve took Bruce to the appointment. Thank you Steve! I am not sure how long the appointment took I just know when I walked into the house around 5 Bruce was asleep on the couch and did not awaken until nearly 6. So I am assuming the appointment was pretty exhausting. So after a two day absence from the Center I think he is ready to get back into his routine! 

Lord, please teach me your ways so that I may serve you. I trust that you will sustain me for my hope is in you. I want to make a difference in whatever way you want me to serve for your name’s sake. And Lord, thank you for the daily instruction you bring to me and for the miracles you allow me to witness. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

I believe I have been called by God to serve in pastoral service and to be ordained and authorized by the Church for ministry. And I believe someday I will do just that. It is just not right now. I believe that the gap between God’s call on my life and my ability to respond has a purpose. It reminds me of the story of the life lived in the dash. I still have lessons to learn and the greatest lesson I have to learn is to depend on God’s sufficiency instead of focusing on my impatience to get started in a ministry in which I cannot give my total focus. I am celebrating this time as it is allowing me to depend more on God and to look to God continually for all of my needs. I would love to tell you that I am always at peace with this, but I pretty imperfect. And when I get bogged down in my imperfections I begin to pray usually through tears and God helps me resolve my doubts and find the peace I seek. But this I know, God’s true and lasting peace comes when I place my doubts in the abundance of God’s love and I am sustained in the hope of the resurrected Christ.  God is good and love wins!

“When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.”

Psalm 94: 19

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: