Wednesday, October 30, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Wednesday!  All is well at 811. I really love writing that sentence.  Bruce had a good day back at the Center. I had a full day of students today. Life goes on and God is good and love always wins.

Lord, I will focus on your faithfulness rather than my own failures. I will look to you to help me fulfill the promise of all that my life can be. As I grow in continuous relationship with you teach me to have full confidence in you for you my God are worthy of my trust. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Tonight I sent a thesis statement to my professor for his approval. I have not missed class; I have turned in all required weekly writings and am taking my time to write this most important paper and hoping to show greater understanding of the elements of this particular exegesis and the scripture passage I have chosen. I have chosen the passage Mark 14: 3-9. It is the story of the woman who anoints Jesus in the house of Simon the Leper. She is an unnamed woman. I have read stories of unnamed women throughout scripture and they have great courage and show Jesus an outpouring of their love like no other. The love these women show is a bold extravagant love. One woman anoints the feet of Jesus for service and the other anoints Jesus into His death crowing Him as King. And they do it at the risk of public ridicule and personal safety. These women understand that discipleship means to be willing to follow Jesus no matter what the cost out of their love for Him. And in their unnamed status and silent actions Jesus does not focus on their failures but helps them both accepting their offered gifts of worship, reverence and love. One woman is freed of her past to live the promise of restoring her hope of all her life can be and the other is remembered for her extraordinary act of kindness.  

“The Lord takes pleasure in those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him, in those who hope in His mercy and loving-kindness.”

Psalm 147: 11

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

 

No comments: