Sunday, October 27, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well at 811.

Lord, give me wisdom to know what to look over and what to overlook. Teach me that the greatest wisdom is a loving heart, and when I am afraid make me wise beyond my fears.  Lord, you have answered prayers in ways I did not recognize until today. Forgive me when I am blind to Your good works and open to your kindness when my eyes are opened to your grace and work of Your hands.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

4 class periods and three papers to go. The countdown to graduation has begun and I have gone back to work three days a week from before 8 in the morning until after 3 in the afternoon. My prayer has been for God to stretch my time so that when I have the study time to be diligent in my studies, comprehend what I read and to write an acceptable, faithful response to the reading.  Once again I began to feel overwhelmed until I remembered that God has answered my prayer through the servant heart of my beloved Bruce.  Bruce makes our bed, does the dishes, vacuum’s the floors, makes the coffee, clears and sets the table for meals and does the laundry all of his own choice. I have never asked him to do any of these tasks.  I am so blessed and he is so amazing. Bruce has provided the time stretcher I needed so that I can study. I have given thanks for this wonderful gift of a loving husband who knows and loves me more than anyone else and is blessed with a godly heart and always says, “It is my joy.”

I finally came to this conclusion about how God has answered this prayer by studying the story of the healing of blind Bartimaeus. Bartimaeus asked for Jesus to heal him of his blindness. Jesus heals him and says, “Your faith has healed you.” Bartimaeus with his sight restored immediately began to follow Jesus into Jerusalem as a “follower” of Jesus. When Jesus heals someone the healing is not complete until the body and the spirit have been healed. Bartimaeus showed great faith in Jesus before his sight was restored. This made him the perfect vessel for healing and discipleship. Bartimaeus saw what the Twelve did not. Bartimaeus followed Jesus with faith and not fear. So because of God’s good work and the model of faith and discipleship in Bruce and Bartimaeus my sight has been restored and my faith intact.

“You, through your commandments have made me wiser than my enemies; for they are ever with me. I have more understanding that all my teachers: for your testimonies are my meditations.”

Psalm 119: 98-99

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

 

No comments: