Sunday, November 3, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Blessed Sunday to you all!  Today Geni and Cody presented me with two lovely white roses.  They were

offered by the church in memory of Casey and my Mom. How perfect for All Saint’s Sunday. As I think of these two people who had such a profound effect on my life; the one who gave me life and the one to whom I gave life I think mainly two things, I am continually reminded of how much I loved them and how much they taught me about love. I miss them each day and sometimes I ask God if they could just peak down and witness some things like weddings and graduations! I remember their brilliant smiles, their loving hearts, the wonderful talks, their faithfulness and their faith and I miss Casey and kitchen dancing. Maybe he kitchen dances with Mom in heaven!  She would have loved that. 

Lord, I thank you for the faith of my Mom and my son and the assurance that they are bringing joy to you in heaven. Thank you for the family who is still here on this side of heaven and how you live faithfully in their lives. I thank you for your Word. It is in this sacred Word that I find your way and will for my life. Thank for your tender mercy that is poured out on me. May I reach out to others following the example of your saints in heaven and here on earth because You have reached out to all of us. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

As I am rapidly approaching the final papers to be written I have thought about the last six years. My beginnings at Brite were in crisis and now my closing weeks include a crisis. Casey was diagnosed my first semester and Bruce has had a stroke. There have been a few in between. And though the situations have been devastating; filled with grief and loss I am captured by God’s tender mercies and great compassion. It is in God’s constant presence that have made the losses bearable and invested with meaning. How comforting it has been to rest in God’s most tender mercy knowing that any doubts I have, no matter my failures, or if I surrender to fear…God’s mercy never ends. The storehouse of God’s grace opens and the never ending streams of love and mercy flow over me assuring me that God’s compassion is infinite and given as a gift of love. How assuring it is to know that God will meet me at the mercy seat with warm compassion and unfailing love. God is so very good and love wins.

“The LORD is kind and does what is right; your God is merciful.”

Psalm 116: 5

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: