Monday, November 4, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Monday!  All is well at 811.  I loved getting up this morning in dressing in my jeans, silver shoes with the hearts on the toe and my Mom’s pink sweatshirt. And even though the sweatshirt no longer wears her fragrance it made me feel wrapped in her love and her brilliant smile.  Tonight, Bruce and I were watching a movie. We were trying to determine when the move would be over. After several attempts to make the determination Bruce said, “Someday all of this will be right.” I married a prophet and a wonderful man of faith. I was so encouraged for him that he has the hope and confidence that the blocks to language both spoken and heard will be righted. Maybe he lives in the scripture verse from Psalms, “I sought the LORD, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.” (34: 4) God is good and love wins.

Dear God, I raise my praise to you for all you do and all you are. Thank you for the miracles you have brought to our lives. When I look around I see all you have done and I am humbled by your goodness.  Lord, as I prepare to write my final papers for my seminary career I ask that you clear my mind and stretch my time to write work that is academically acceptable and to be found faithful.  I am really nervous about my writing in the Gospel of Mark. Help me not to fear failure again and to learn from my past errors receiving the miracle of understanding and your presence. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Miracles happen every day. Sometimes when we think of the great miracles of God we think of burning bushes, great oceans that open and entire nations walk across on dry land. Then there are the miracles that tell of those who have overcome great odds to achieve their goals. (Forgive me, but I think of myself and Bruce when I write that sentence.)  But no matter how we define a miracle there is no situation that is so terrible or no goal so remote that God is not there to help when we ask. Since God is infinite, “impossibilities” are the specialty of God. God is unexplainable.  God loves us unconditionally and completely. God listens to and answers our prayers. The situations we find impossible and needing a miracle are the times in our lives when we live placing our dependency on God. God is infinite sufficiency. Bruce believes in the miracle of new life as he is being restored each day. I pray for the miracle of confidence and not feeling inadequate by clinging to God and relying on the infinite sufficiency of the one who created each of us.  So here is the good news…I don’t have to understand; I only have to believe.

“The Lord has done this wonderful miracle for me…I shall live! Yes, in his presence—here on earth!”

Psalm 116: 7, 9

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and carry an umbrella. Get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: