Wednesday, November 6, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Wednesday!  All is well at 811. I have been fully re-vested into Burton Hill. Today I was given an email address,a key, a “box”  for mail and a parking space. However someone parked in my space and I was “out on the street” again. No prob, I could always use the walk.

Lord, thank you for all the ways I know that I know you love me with an everlasting love. Please forgive me for doubting myself when you are there for me to trust. With all of the things on my plate and the deadlines to meet help me not to fret, but be transformed by the hope I place in you. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Tonight the title of my meditation is “Abiding in Him.” “I AM YOUR STRENGHT AND YOUR SHIELD.” When we place our trust in God, remembering the strength and shielding protection given as a gift, we are helped. Worry goes away and we connect with God through trust.  Worry is a place of darkness. I really do not like the dark. I have a scent warmer on my dresser that I just leave on all the time. At night when I turn out the lamp the last thing I see is the light from the warmer. And it makes me smile. Scripture tells us that whoever follows Jesus will never walk in darkness and will always have the light of Christ. Trying to find the light in the midst of difficult, devastating situations is one of the ways we come closer to God. Another way to come closer to God is to find a way to give thanks in every situation. I don’t think we are meant to give thanks for the situation, but to find a way to express thankfulness. Some people sing, or paint, or write, or pray, remember how much they are loved and give thanks. There is a different way to express thankfulness as there are people giving thanks. I think the first one I think of is remembering the claim by Corrie Ten Boom, “No pit is so deep that His love is not deeper still.” Jesus understands suffering better than anyone and promises to be with us no matter how dire the circumstances or rocky the path. God is so very good and God’s love wins! 

“The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.”

Psalm 28:7

Take joy in the journey giving thanks for strength for the day and remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


 

No comments: