Saturday, July 13, 2013

Happy Friday!


Okay…Bruce began editing my final paper a couple of days ago. After what we considered the final edit last night he brought to my attention that I had written the paper in the wrong font size. Instead of having a 16-17 page paper I only had a 13 page paper. After visiting with Mandy and the girls today I came home and added some more to the paper.  I am so glad that Bruce caught my error. Brite requires Times New Roman 12 pt. font.

Tatum is doing well and her counts are good. I delivered a pretty ladybug pillow case made by a group of ladies from Rush Creek who make pillow cases for the children at Cook’s Children’s Hospital.

Mandy took the most wonderful pictures of Travis and Sarah’s rehearsal dinner and prepared a CD for us and Travis and Sarah. The pictures are wonderful!  Mandy is not a professional photographer, but she takes really good pictures and did an awesome job for us. We are so grateful for her time, talents and willingness to be a part of this special event in our lives.
Prayer alert:  we are giving thanks that the travelers made it safely to Biloxi where they will stay the night and reach Destin tomorrow. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

Prayer: God who defeats Satan in our lives, I am grateful to the bottom of my soul that You do battle with Satan in our place and win!  You are a powerful God who has compassion and allows us to take refuge in times of trouble. You care for those who trust in You and You love us enough to not let us wallow in self-pity when You are ready to pick us up and stand prepared to do battle for us. Forgive me, Lord, for my self-pity, rescue me from the depths of despair. Even though our situation has not changed, I have changed because You are a good and loving God and the Light of my life, a place where there is no darkness tonight. Lord, in Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen.

The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.”

Nahum 1: 7

“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”

Psalm 56: 3

Today, I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I was tired of feeling broken so I had a “come to Jesus” meeting during my morning devotion time. It reminded me of the time I stood Satan down at MD Anderson outside Casey’s room. That day I saw Satan fall like lightening and today I experienced that again. Satan knows exactly where to hit me. Satan attacks me though my family. God has granted me refuge in Him especially during times of trouble.

When we are hurting God yearns to shelter us in His powerful loving Presence. When we turn to God during difficult times we find God faithful. I could not receive God’s help because my self-pity was blocking my trust in God. I must always remember that God is always with me reminding me to trust in Him.  The situation that was causing me so much emotional pain has not been resolved, but I know that God is working on this and will work things out in His time and His time is always perfect.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our cares upon the Lord and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for all of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: