Thursday, July 11, 2013

Happy Wednesday!


(My apologies for the delay of this posting - ed.)

I had the most wonderful long-overdue lunch with a dear friend today. I am blessed to have two best friends. One lives in San Antonio and the other lives much closer. I am so very honored to call these two phenomenal women my dearest and closest friends.

And then I was blessed with a dinner date with my beloved hubby. It was a great day!

Prayer:  Holy, holy and loving Lord, You know the worst in us and see the best in us. For this great assurance I give great thanks. You ask us to lean on, trust in and place our confidence in You. The more difficult our circumstances the more You call out for us to place more of our trust in You. Lord, I can do nothing without You. So I place my challenges in Your hands and claim victory in Jesus’ name. I believe You want this more than I do. I am not equipped to lean on my own understanding so I am leaning on You, most Holy Lord. In Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen.

Prayer request:  Today while Geni was grocery shopping at Target her brand new 4G phone was stolen from her grocery cart. She was and is very upset. Please pray for her to have peace of heart. Thanks. gc

“Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the LORD with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.”

Proverbs 3: 5

“Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.”

2 Corinthians 4: 17

Bonus Day!! God is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe. (Let that one sink in.) When we surrender our will to the God who created us we allow God to be involved in each part of our lives. The world we live in is not always easy and sometimes we find ourselves in a place where the world is falling down around us. Now because God is God, He could just destroy the world, end suffering and gather each of us who believe into heaven. But God is waiting to bring many, many more of His children into heaven. God has an eternal purpose for each of us in this world today. God’s purpose for each of us is being worked out in the difficulties we face.  Hebrews 2: 10, “It was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons and (daughters) to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.” Our sufferings only become perfect when we give them up to the One who is perfect - the author and perfecter of our faith.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our cares upon the Lord because He cares for us and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for all of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.e H

No comments: