Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy Saturday!


Paper complete and in Bruce’s inbox. I have cleared the active shelf and made space for my last two classes at Brite this fall.

Prayer:  Lord of joy, the sacred scriptures tell us that Your joy is our strength. You call us to live joyfully in the midst of our struggles. We pray, pouring out our hearts to You and then wait for the changes You desire for us. Sometimes when our prayers are not answered as quickly as we would like or with the answer for which we hoped we get discouraged. Lord, when this happens I try to remember that You are sovereign overall and remember in trust that You take care of us. Lord, in Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen.

“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name; for the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”

Psalm 100: 4-5

This is one of the psalms read at my Mom’s memorial service. It is loud, noisy and full of praise and worship for the God of our salvation. This extraordinary gift of joy is a gift we are asked to be received joyfully with a glad and thankful heart. Lately, I have felt less than outwardly joyful, but when I seek God’s face instead of dwelling on the situation causing me sadness and grief my heart gets lighter and I find myself praising God with the sacrifice of praise. When I offer the sacrifice of praise I make space for the God of thanksgiving to enter in and take away the sadness and restore my hope that someday this situation will be resolved. But you know, even if the situation never resolves I am still God’s child and live in His sovereign world protected and covered in His unfailing love and as the psalmist says, “enduring love,” with the promise that His love endures forever and his faithfulness (always greater than ours) is never ending.

Tonight when I say my, “nightie nights” (I had a principal who used to refer to her bed time prayers as her “nightie nights”.) I will first give thanks as I enter the gates of God’s love with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint and God’s love for us endures forever. Wear comfortable shoes, cast your cares upon the Lord, give thanks with a heart filled with gratitude and thanksgiving and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway and there is no reason for all of us to be up too. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: