Saturday, April 20, 2013


Happy Saturday! 

Prayer: Holy, Lord God, Almighty, we close out a tough week. There have been many tragic occurrences this week that have not gone out of Your sight.  In all of these events let us never lose sight of Your holiness.  We are so honored to call You Savior, Lord and Friend. We live in the humble knowledge that by the death of Jesus we live under the blanket of no condemnation and in the assurance of the hope of the resurrection. We give thanks for we are forgiven. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”

Romans 8:1

King David was kind of a mess. He really committed some pretty awful sins out of the powerful desires of greed and selfishness. 2 Samuel tells us when Nathan called David out on his act of adultery that David immediately says, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan says to David, “the Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die.”  (2 Samuel  12: 13)

God has utter separateness from sin. When we remember God’s loving Presence and are aware of the holiness of God, that knowledge will remind us that when we sin we can turn quickly (repent) from whatever we have done back to God and be warmly and joyfully received without condemnation.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep.  Love you, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: