Sunday, April 14, 2013


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

What a busy day!  Worship, working with youth during the Sunday School hour, videotaping a baptism and attending a bridal shower hosted by the bridesmaids for Sarah, our daughter in love.

At the shower, the girls did such a lovely job with food, decorations and games.  One of the games was “How much does Sarah know about Travis?” It is played by one of the hostesses asking a series of questions about Travis. If their answers match then the next question is asked and the game continues. If the answers do not match then Sarah has a large marshmallow popped in her mouth. The good news is…Sarah did not have to receive very many marshmallows.  They are going to be such a wonderful couple. 

Prayer:  Holy One, it has been a busy day and I am so happy to sit with You for just a while. Lord, thank you for Sundays. Thank you for families and times of worship that both glorify You.  Thank you for Your abundant grace, Your promise of forgiveness and Your tender mercies.  Thank You for hearing our prayers.  We love You lord. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or want.”

Philippians 4: 12

Hope is the power of being cheerful in circumstances we know to be desperate.
G.K Chesterson

God is greater than our most difficult times. And God is still greater when our most difficult times get tougher. God wants us to be content at all times. As for me sometimes content at all times is just not that easy. So when something as important as what God wants us to do does not come easy then what we must do is practice.

God is greater than our frustration and God knows how we feel (remember Jesus was God on foot who had the same feelings as every other human).  Just let go of those feelings…I mean release your frustration to God knowing that God hears and understands and will encourage us more. Then we can ask God to increase our awareness of His presence and continue to talk, or yell, or rant, or scream and when we are all talked out then we need to sit back and let God speak to the depths of our souls.  Remember your favorite scripture and speak it, then sing your favorite hymn or spiritual song. Singing always lifts my spirits even if it is a trouble or hurting song. Psalm 92: 1-2 says, “It is good to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your loving-kindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night.”

Take joy in this journey of faith and hope remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes , pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: