Friday, April 12, 2013


Happy Friday!

I know I usually begin with prayer, but I opened my devotional book and these were the words:

“REJOICE AND EXULT IN HOPE. Raise a shout of Joy! You have good reason to be joyful because you’re on your way to heaven. I have paid the penalty for your sins and clothed you in My own righteousness. This is the basis for hope.”

When we come into relationship with God through Jesus we begin the journey to eternal life. I don’t think the author means that we are all going to experience earthly death soon, but what I do think is that no matter what is going on in our lives right now our Hope in God is secure.  No one or anything can remove us from the loving hand of God  and thus securing our absolute eternal security.

We must remain in constant prayer and especially when we are experiencing difficulties or walking tough roads.  We have to stay in close communication with our Creator and Savior so that our faith is not tested by stress and fatigue.  This allows us to be able to use the strength given to us when it is at its strongest—in other words, when we  focus on God and not on how tired and stressed we are, the power of the Holy Spirit works at its peak in us.  We become Spirit controlled.  WOW!!

“Rejoice and exult in hope; be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation; be constant in prayer.”

Romans 12:12

Prayer:  Lord, right now we pray this scripture and give great thanks that have chosen us in which to lavish your limitless storehouse of spiritual treasure out of Your love. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

Take joy in the journey and remember that hope does not disappoint.  Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a grateful heart and get some sleep.  Love you, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert:  Bruce travels to Wichita Falls for the final team meeting for the Allred weekend next week. Please pray for these wonderful servants and they prepare to take the gospel into the prison and share fellowship with this community.  Peace, gc

No comments: