Wednesday, April 10, 2013


Happy Wednesday!

Prayer:  Holy and most loving Lord, sometimes in this world there is so much clutter that it is really difficult to find a moment of Peace within the chaos and try to set priorities.  Let us remember that the way to Peace is to remember to place our relationship with You as our top priority.  I pray that You would nurture and strengthen us as we grow in deeper relationship with you.   In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind,’ This is the first and greatest commandment.”

Matthew 22: 37-38

There is nothing more important in our lives than our relationship with God. It is in the daily communion with God that allows us to sort out our priorities.  Our focused time with God and ongoing communication I think is what this verse is all about. The clearest teaching we can receive about God is through scripture reading because Holy Scripture reveals the glory of God. Making God our first priority gives focus to our thinking and our priorities seem to fall into place.  

God does not want us to have cluttered thinking, but clear thinking. Sometimes all we need to do is to stop, take a breath and speak the name Jesus and the most wonderful peace will wash over our souls.  So tomorrow if life becomes overwhelming remember the first and greatest commandment to love the Lord with ALL your heart, mind and soul and see if the chaos becomes calm and clear thinking becomes present.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: