Friday, April 12, 2013


Happy Thursday! 

Prayer:  Holy One, tonight I lift up my friend, Casey Carter. You know how ill he is and what it will take to restore him to wellness.  Help his body to have the strength to heal and withstand the medications, therapies and surgery it will take to correct the problems.  Bless this child of God with Your healing presence. May he rest in Your peace and trust You with each breath that he takes.

If there are those of you who are reading this are in need of healing please claim this prayer for yourself and join in the prayers of others for all who are in need of healing.  In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.”

Psalm 62: 5-6

Casey Carter is a colleague of mine from Brite who is in the Jewish Studies program. We have had several classes together. He is a gifted and talented man who is the cantor and music director for a local synagogue. He sings like an angel and has a precious and dear spirit. He had some serious health problems in the fall semester and is still experiencing very serious health issues now.  Please add Casey to your prayer lists.

I think when we are sick or someone close to us is experiencing health problems we find ourselves seeking God’s presence.  The good news is that God is all around us and closer than the very air we breathe.  Our need for God’s presence is as constant as our need for oxygen.  Just say the name “Jesus” or in Casey’s case,” Yahweh”. Sing it, whisper it, shout it and remember what it means, “The Lord saves.”  Pray the names of God with words of love and trust letting our hearts overflow with gratitude for all that God is to us and all God has done for us.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint.  Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: