Sunday, April 7, 2013


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

First, I must tell you how blessed I was today to be in worship led by the youth of Rush Creek. About 30 of the youth from Rush Creek led us in uplifting worship in music, six wonderful speakers and prayers. These young folks really impressed me with their hearts for worship and thoughtful planning.  I am convinced that the church is in good hands with hearts and spirits committed to worship and service in the young adults I witnessed today.

Prayer alert: I have spoken of our friend who was diagnosed with cancer. He begins chemotherapy round  #2 tonight. Please pray for him and that the chemotherapy reduces and rids him of the cancer in his lungs. 

Prayer: Holy Lord, You are the master healer. Malachi says that the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in His wings. Tonight I claim the healing wings of Your Son to cover all who are sick, that they will be restored to wellness and healed in body, soul and spirit. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released.”

Malachi 4:2

The abiding presence of God in our lives grows deeper and stronger the closer we remain to Him. The intimacy of nearness to God is found in the healing wings of the Savior.  The healing presence of God binds our wounds while the Holy Spirit furthers the healing process with its power and might.  The Holy light of God allows us to see things - not through earthly eyes - but through the heart of God freeing us from fear.  When we lay down our fear before the cross of Christ we are able to see the truth about who God is and what Jesus has done for us.

Take joy in this amazing journey of faith remembering that hope does not disappoint and His promises, they do not fail! Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with belief in the living God and gratitude, and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: