Friday, April 19, 2013


Happy Thursday! 

I tried to get into give blood today, but for the next three days the Carter Blood Bank has no available appointments. The walk ins were waiting for two hours. The request was made for my particular blood type. I will try to get in next week. 

I finished my Supervised Ministry final today. It is not due until Wednesday, but it is complete and I am very glad.  Bruce left for the Kairos weekend this morning. Please keep him, the team and the residents in your prayers. 

I have watched the town of West in the daylight today. It is so devastating. I heard the residents speak their broken hearts and still heard them speak of their town as one where everyone is welcome. Their hearts are broken, but their hearts are strong. That tells me that their hearts are strong and full of love and determination to rise above this tragedy.  Let us continue to keep these folks from West, Texas, and the citizens of Boston in our prayers for their healing and restoration.

Prayer: Blessed Lord of healing love, our country has experienced tragedies this week. These tragedies have taken lives, caused injury, given rise to fear and distrust in our fellow man. Lord of tender mercy and blessed assurance we call upon Your presence to remain with us as each of us grieve and pray for our friends far and near.  Help us to keep You first in our thoughts trusting in Your tender mercies for healing and comfort. In Jesus’ name,  I pray. Amen.

“Thus says the LORD God, the Holy One of Israel: “In returning and rest you shall be saved in quietness and confidence shall be your strength.”

Isaiah 30: 15

As weeks go, it has been a week of noises. Noises that have frightened, noises that have injured and noises that have caused life to end. Let us take just a moment to be quiet. In quietness and confidence shall be our strength. When things get noisy and hectic our minds tend to go somewhat hyper and become really active and we tend to overlook the most important thing we can do. We need to return to God and rest in quietness. 

Take a moment to seek God out rather than rush ahead without a clear direction. I know those first responders knew what to do as they were prepared through training. Coming before God in quietness when we are facing difficulties is the way God trains us. Coming before God gives us the quiet energy needed for clear thinking and strength for the task at hand. When we seek God in the quietness we are assured of His presence and know that God will not leave us or forsake us.

Take joy in the journey of faith remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: