Thursday, April 18, 2013


It has been a difficult evening for our brothers and sisters in West. As the devastation mounts let us be steadfast in our prayers for this community. Tonight we need to join the prayers of others around our state for all who are involved; the victims, their families, the first responders, all who are helping to rescue and those who are just waiting for words of assurance that their friends and family members are unharmed and for those who will hear that their friends and family members are injured or killed. 

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you not forsake you.”

Deuteronomy 31: 6

Tonight is not a night of joy. But we and those who are in West can be assured that God is there and in the midst of their suffering, their weariness, their frustration and not knowing where to go next or what to do. I pray that there are pastors there on site offering words of hope and comfort to those who are separated from their loved ones, the injured and those who are wondering about those they love, their homes and when this nightmare will be over. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: